Vrbna Palace (Chotek House) - Loretánská Street 19/104, Hradčany
Loretánská Street 19/104, Hradčany
Originally a Renaissance house with Baroque and even younger alterations. Inside this house (and also inside the neighbouring At the Cannon House, Loretánská 17/103) there has been an educational institute for the blind people since 1837, originally founded in 1807 from the initiative of Knight Prokop Platzer as the first of its kind in Central Europe; the institute was run by merciful sisters of St. Karel Boromejský congregation and financed by a special association. The institute now operates as the state School of Jaroslav Ježek – a college for people with impaired sight in the same premises.