-
Statue of St. Joseph Statue of St. Joseph Statue of St. Joseph Statue of St. Joseph Statue of St. Joseph 

Statue of St. Joseph - the fourth one on the left looking from the Old Town Bridge Tower

Statue of St. Joseph

the fourth one on the left looking from the Old Town Bridge Tower

The sandstone statue was created by Emanuel Max in 1854 and donated by Prague wholesaler Josef Bergmann. St. Joseph, leading little Jesus Christ, is standing on a pseudo-Gothic pedestal. It replaced the statue of St. Joseph, made by Jan Brokof and donated by Countess Terezie Příchovská, that was put on the bridge in 1706 but was damaged, together with the statue of Pieta, by a cannonade during the revolution of 1848 and was thus removed; today, the statue is in the Lapidarium of the National Museum.

Sort by: location name

 

number of visitors:

 – Počítadlo.cz           Provoz webu zajišťuje www.internetportal.cz