Kaiserstein Palace (At the Petzolds) - Malostranské Square 23/37, Lesser Town
Malostranské Square 23/37, Lesser Town
Originally two Gothic houses (cellars preserved), connected in 1630 and rebuilt around 1700 (probably by K. Dietzenhofer based on a project by G. B. Alliprandi) for a free lord F. Helfrid of Kaiserstein. Allegorical sculptures of Elements(Fire, Water, Earth, Air) a vases on the attic by O. Mosto are from the same time period. French geologist and paleonthologist J. Barrande lived in the palace in mid-19th century, later on opera singer M. Sittová-Petzoldová used to live there and so did another opera diva, world famous E. Destinnová between 1907 and 1914 (a memorial tablet with a bust). After 1980 the palace was renovated and adapted to suit the needs of the Czechoslovak chamber of commerce and industry.