-
Hartig Palace (Senftenberg Palac, Glauch House, Provincial House) Hartig Palace (Senftenberg Palac, Glauch House, Provincial House) Hartig Palace (Senftenberg Palac, Glauch House, Provincial House) Hartig Palace (Senftenberg Palac, Glauch House, Provincial House) Hartig Palace (Senftenberg Palac, Glauch House, Provincial House) 

Hartig Palace (Senftenberg Palac, Glauch House, Provincial House) - Malostranské Square 12/259, Lesser Town

Hartig Palace (Senftenberg Palac, Glauch House, Provincial House)

Malostranské Square 12/259, Lesser Town

There used to be two Gothic houses standing in place of this Baroque Palace, divided by a narrow lane leading towards the wall of the Gothic fortifications of the Lesser Town. Both houses were connected in 1645 and the alley was preserved until now as a passage way between the Lesser Town Square and Tržiště street. Construction of the palace started around 1720 by Rudolph Kinský based on a plan by G. B. Alliprandi, finished by F. M. Kaňka for Antonia Černínová. In 1735 the palace was acquired by Ludwig Hartig who placed his art and book collections there; Hartig family owned the palace until 1827. In the second half of the 19th century the palace suffered by rather insensitive adaptations. At present time it is the seat of the Music Faculty of the Academy of Performing Arts.

Sort by: location name

 

number of visitors:

 – Počítadlo.cz           Provoz webu zajišťuje www.internetportal.cz