At the Flavins (At the Splavíns) - Malostranské Square 22/36, Lesser Town
Malostranské Square 22/36, Lesser Town
Originally two Gothic houses (cellars and a vault in the arcading), joined together during a Renaissance reconstruction and adapted in Baroque style around 1720; large fresco of the Annunciation of Our Lady on the façade is also from the same period. In the 16th and 17th century a printing house of J. Arnold of Dobroslavín was found there, in the 19th century it became the centre of the Lesser Town Workers Social Centre. There also used to be a brewery in the house and allegedly the beer didn’t tast much better than the water in Vltava River.