A street of the Lesser Town connecting the upper end of Nerudova Street with Pohořelec. Its course copies the ancient path from the Vltava crossings to North-Western Bohemia. Due to unfavourable terrain the road was long surrounded mainly by gardens and vineyards, today the northern side of the street is lined with residential houses and back wings of palaces of Loretánské square and Loretánská Street. The southern side is largely open and offers a beautiful view on Strahov gardens, the Petřín hill and the Vltava fold. The official name Úvoz has been used since 1870.